Tuesday 27 December 2016

A Christmas memory.

All that work! And its all over, Christmas is always something to look forward to, the gathering of family and friends, exchanging tokens of affection, the excitement of opening presents....The preparation of sweet things and the Christmas Lunch!!!

Now its only a memory! Did it really happen! Or is it a sweet memory of great times that hopefully our children and grandchildren will remember as I do with found memories.
of the laughter that I can still hear of all those past Christmas, of family getting together and that warm feeling of togetherness of belonging, feeling that we were loved.

I do try to keep that tradition alive, December is a month that takes me back to those happy times, of growing up in a home full of music and much love. Now Away from my Madeira and my dear parents long gone..
I hopped that my siblings and I would keep together and take it where our parents left of, but unfortunally it was not to be...My heart feels heavy with sadness. But I am lucky enough I do have my daughters and my little darling for me to love and be loved...

Happy New Year to you all


No comments: