Friday 18 August 2017

Walking the Essex way

Still walking the Essex way, but the weather is not that brilliant for August, my friend Paula and I at one time used to walk come rain or shine! But now we seem to shy away if its too wet, but we still do a fair amount of walking through the footpaths surrounding our village.
We specially love to photograph the insects its amazing what we can find, from beautiful butterfly's to the minute of insects....If only they could see us on our knees trying to capture a small insect....I say to Paula just look at me! at my age and still crawling in the undergrowth....

We also like to gather the wild fruits, that the good old hedge has on offer, I have a larder full of preserves, so Christmas gifts are sorted....Also my daughter makes good use of the various jams that I make....
This week we only had one walk! I did go to Audley End on Wednesday with my girls and my little darling on a day out with the Fairy's , that was a trip for the little ones really but I think we enjoyed it just as much just to see the little ones faces when they were looking for the fairy's and Elfs..
We go to queue for the train ride, had to wait half an hour for the next ride! So I run across the road to the big house!!! So glad that I did  beautiful house with a grand entrance lovely lawns and a river the views were stunning....












No comments: